Local SEO or search engine optimization is a set of activities and strategies, created specifically to increase the visibility of your local business on Google. When customers search on Google for a service or product in their geographic area, the search engine provides the most relevant search results within the proximity to the searcher, that match searcher’s query.
By carrying out a specific set of actions a local SEO Specialist optimizes your website to rank higher in the local search results pages. Some of the most important tasks involved in website optimization for local SEO include:
- Solid inbound link profile
- Website content optimized with references to cities or geographical area you serve
- Optimized Google My Business profile
- Good visual content on GMB showing your storefront location, services, products, team members
- Customer reviews and engagement
- Relationship building with other local businesses, sponsorships, PR acknowledgements and backlinks
- Social media optimization and engagement monitoring
Local SEO marketing can greatly benefit all small businesses who want to be found online in their local city or town.
Yes, you absolutely can. Don’t let it intimidate you. There are some fantastic free tools you can start with, and one of them is Google Trends which helps you narrow down what topics your customers are searching for in your area and spark ideas for content.
Here are a few things to keep in mind:
- Listen to your audience and get to know your customers really well
- You will need a solid SEO strategy
- It will require a huge time investment if you want to start seeing results.
- Write good content using the tone that resonates with your customers
We If you feel uncomfortable with the technology, you are stuck, or simply don’t have the time, please contact us. We are here to help with our friendly and professional SEO consulting services.
No. While there are quite a few common elements from the technical SEO standpoint, there is no template solution because
- Every website presents a unique set of challenges
- SEO objectives vary from business to business
- The opportunities can be different for various niches
It is important to understand that SEO is a long-term investment that requires ongoing diligent work, research and relationship building, that will pay off in a long run.
The cost of SEO services depends on a few factors such as:
- Current circumstances, current ranking position and how competitive your industry/niche is
- Your business goals
- Timetable – in what timeframe are you looking to see results
SEO campaigns for local businesses can range from $500-$1000 per month. By increasing the monthly budget, we can target additional keywords that are difficult to rank for, strengthen and improve the backlink profile, and watch your rankings reach its crescendo for some of the niche keywords. Learn more about SEO Pricing here
I do recommend you start with a free website audit or simply connect with an SEO consultant near you to guide you in the right direction. I am available for a 1 hour free consultation to learn more about your business and SEO goals and I would be happy to provide free advice and some basic SEO tips you can implement yourself
SEO campaigns don’t produce results overnight. Our goal is to build a long-lasting mutually successful working relationship with our clients. In order to begin seeing the positive outcome of the SEO work, we do require a 4 month commitment for the SEO services we agree on.
When you search on Google using your company name your listing will appear in the search results. However, that’s not what SEO optimization is about. SEO optimization helps you rank for what you do, products and services your sell and offer and not for your company name. If someone already knows your company name, most likely they will know what you do.